Friday, April 13, 2012

YA Indie Carnival - Friday the 13th!!

YA writers and bloggers unite each week to share their thoughts, hopes and dreams about what it's like going indie in today's publishing world.


What does Friday the 13th mean for you?
What images pop into your head when that day comes up on your calendar? 
Are they of a man in a hockey mask? Or ghosts? Or black cats? Or doom?


Or is Friday the 13th just like any other day in the year for you?


I am not a horror person. I don't like reading about it. I don't like watching it. I have tried a couple of times to watch scary movies, but I get such bad nightmares, it's just not worth it.


So - for this Friday the 13th post, I really have nothing scary to share with you. I'm sure the other carni's do, so make sure you check out their posts!


One thing I can share with you today... not really scary, but quite interesting... is that A Taste Test is now available for download on Smashwords. It's totally free and will introduce you to a world of YA Authors. There are seven excerpts and one short story for you to enjoy. I know this is the second time I've blogged about this in one week. I'm seriously not trying to be obsessive, but I think the excerpts in this Sampler are awesome.


I hope you all have a wonderful Friday.

Do you get nightmares from scary movies?
What is your no-go area when it comes to books and movies?







Don't forget to check out the latest news on the YA Indie Carnival site.

2 comments:

  1. This year, Friday the 13th just happened to be my birthday, so not a bad day at all!

    ReplyDelete