Monday, April 30, 2012

So Many Things To Tell You!!

Well - it's May 1st here in Kiwi Land, so it's time for my monthly progress report. Yet again I have had a bunch of stuff on.

April whizzed by in a heart beat.

Writing wise I have finally managed to really get stuck into the research and planning stage of Betwixt. SO excited. It's really great to get into writing again after so many months of editing and then marketing. It's super fun to be working on a new project from scratch.

Marketing wise I have been involved with the Easter Book Bunny Hop, which was so fantastic. I will be announcing the winners tomorrow. Eeeppp :)

The Goodreads Black Blood Giveaway also came to a close last night and I want to congratulate...
Neville Krishnawamy from India and Lana Van Beelen from Canada. I will be posting off those books to you today.

Good reviews for the trilogy continue to come in. I'm so glad people are enjoying the books. I want to thank everyone for taking the time to leave reviews and help promote my work. I wouldn't be anywhere without your support, so give yourselves a hug from me.

One special highlight from the month was having coffee with a fan. My author friend, T. G. Ayer, set it up for me and we went together to meet Book Chatter Cath. It was SUCH a treat and so cool to talk about my work with someone who had read and enjoyed it.

The last super fun thing I'll mention for the month of April was the release of the FREE Sampler - A Taste Test, which is packed full of excerpts from 2012 YA Paranormal and Contemporary Romance works. It is definitely worth checking out. There are some great authors and books to be discovered.

So - what does May hold?
Well - a bunch of stuff!!

Today I am going into St Kentigerns College to speak to a bunch of English classes about writing. On Thursday I am visiting Pakuranga College to meet with their book club and in a couple of weeks I'll be dropping by Macleans College to talk to their writer's club. I'm really nervous about ALL these engagements, but super excited to meet the students and chat about writing. Hopefully the words will flow easily - if anything they may have a hard time shutting me up :)

Another exciting thing from today is that Pure Blood is now available in paperback. Yes!! The Trilogy is finally complete in both digital and paperback form. SOOOOO exciting!! The book can be picked up through Amazon.

In a few weeks time, I will be participating in the "A Taste Test" Blog Tour where eight of the authors from the Sampler will be featured over eight days. There are going to a bunch of fun posts so you can get to know the authors better, plus a huge giveaway with a ton of prizes to win. I'll keep you posted, but mark your diaries - it starts on May 21st.

As well as that blog tour, I am also looking for people to participate in the Forbidden Territory blog tour, which is at the beginning of July. If this is something you'd be interested in or you would like to review the book in July, then please let me know. Here is the link for the blog tour invite, which has all the details in it: Forbidden Territory Blog Tour.

And the last thing I'll mention for today - otherwise this post is just going to be ridiculous, is that I have been invited to join the staff of Indies Unlimited. Super excited. This is an awesome bunch of people who are real advocates of indie writing. I will be contributing one post a month. I feel very honoured to be asked :)

SO - what does May hold for you?



No comments:

Post a Comment