Monday, February 13, 2012

Meet Harrison Granger

For those of you who have read Golden Blood, you will know all about Harrison Granger. He is one of my favourite characters in the trilogy.

Gemma can really kick some butt, but Harrison is the strength she needs to deal with everything. Without him she would be trapped in a life she never asked for.

So, I thought it would be fun for you to get to know Harrison a little better.

Before I interview him, I'll give you an image. If these books were ever made into movies, Harrison Granger would be played by.... Alex Pettyfer.

This is just how I picture him in my head, the way he moves, the expressions on his face... his gorgeous hair. Love it :)

So let's get this interview started.
(NB: In order to avoid major spoilers, this interview is based around Golden Blood.)

Harrison, thanks for joining us. You've had an interesting start to your year. What's it like dating a time spirit?
You can't miss the blush as he grins and lets out a chuckle.
Meeting Gemma has been a trip. She's amazing. I mean, really amazing. Not just the stuff she can do, but who she is. I know it sounds weird for a 17 year old guy to be totally in love already, but I know she's the one. Man, that sounds pathetic! He chuckles. What can I say, I'm one love sick puppy.

I guess it must be hard caring so much about someone you're not allowed to be with.
Yeah, it really is. I wish her parents would get that we're made for each other, but they are pretty stubborn. I think I could win them over if they'd just give me a chance.

You seem to have wrapped your head around the whole time traveling thing pretty easily. Most people would run screaming, I'm sure.
He chuckles again and shakes his head. When she told me on the beach that day, I knew she wasn't lying. For some reason, it just made sense in my head. I know that sounds bizarre, but it seriously did not freak me out. I thought it was really cool... I still do. Although I'd love it more if she actually enjoyed traveling. She really hates it when her toes start tingling.

I guess being pulled across the line yourself helped you buy into it as well. How was that experience?
Not great, to be honest. I don't regret that it happened, because I got to see what Gem goes through all the time, but I never want to have that happen again. I thought I was going to die. When she disappeared without me, I thought that was it.  And then seeing her... He clears his throat and looks away.


Let's move on. How about a nice easy question... What's your favourite dessert?
I like that question. He grins. I don't think there is anything better than my mom's cookie dough cheesecake. It's the best thing I've ever tasted.


So a bit of a junk food fan?
Totally.

Must be weird dating a health freak then.
He laughs. Yeah, she tells me off a lot. Not always out loud, but I can see her cute little nose wrinkling. She'll kill me for telling you this, but I actually persuaded her to share my chocolate sundae the other night. It wasn't hard, she practically ate the whole thing... then felt bad for the rest of the night. He rolls his eyes and smiles.


I like that story. So what's something we don't know about you yet? You don't secretly eat carrot sticks when she's not watching, do you?
He laughs. No way. Um... I don't really have many secrets. I think honesty is always the best policy. But let me think... how 'bout this? My mom gave me a wooden sword for my 5th birthday and I used to wear that thing everywhere. I found this old belt in her closet and punched holes in it so it would fit me right, then I'd shove the sword in it and strut around thinking I was this gallant knight. I didn't give it up until I was about eight and got beaten up, by my next door neighbour, for being a dork.

You've had quite a few neighbours growing up. How do you find the constant upheaval?
I don't love it. You feel like you're just starting to settle somewhere and the moving van arrives again. Ever since 9th grade I've been hanging out for college. That's a minimum of 4 years in the same location. Mom promised we'd stay here until I graduate, but I'm always wary. I get really nervous when I see that look in her eye, especially now that I have Gemma. There's no way I'm leaving her.

You seem very adamant in your relationship. You two have a very strong bond. What do you think has caused that?
We have been through a lot together, but it's more than that. I can't really explain it. I know people talk about love at first sight and how powerful it can be. I almost feel like even if I didn't want to, I'd be in love with Gemma. It's like we were predestined by a higher power. I don't know. I just feel like whatever life throws at us, we're going to make it. We have to, because we were made to be together.
I'm starting to sound love sick again, aren't I? He shakes his head. But everything I've said is true. He has a tender look in his eye as he smiles. Gemma's obviously never far from his mind.


Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions for us. We look forward to seeing how the rest of your year plays out.


If you'd like to find out some more please enter the chance to win the entire Time Spirit Trilogy...
http://melissapearl.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/pure-blood-giveaway.html

Can't wait to have Pure Blood online for you this Thursday!! Stay tuned :)



4 comments:

  1. OMG! That was the cutest thing ever. Great idea too...interviewing one of your characters :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm glad you liked it. It was so much fun interviewing him. I could picture him sitting across from me and answering all the questions, just the way he did. Very cool.

      Delete
  2. Loved the interview! What a great idea.

    BTW, Harrison is my favorite character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he and Gabe and right up there for me :)

      Delete