Friday, November 25, 2011
YA Indie Carnival - Happy Thanksgiving
YA writers and bloggers unite each week to share their thoughts, hopes and dreams about what it's like going indie in today's publishing world.
Thanksgiving. I love it! I think it is SUCH a fantastic time of year and such an awesome tradition. I wish we celebrated it in New Zealand.
Although we don't, I don't see any reason why I can't be thankful. In fact, I find having an attitude of gratitude all year round can actually get you through some pretty tough times.
I just got home from hospital this morning, having spent two nights in there they I did not expect to have. While I was lying in there, my poor husband was contending with a baby and my other son who "had the throws ups." There has been plenty to lament in the last two days... but there has also been plenty to be thankful for.
- My son only had a 12 hour bug so was his bouncy, happy self this morning
- My baby has been an angel, sleeping when he should, eating well and doing everything his Daddy needed him to
- I had a room to myself, so although it was a hospital, and yes I was uncomfortable, I could almost pretend for a moment, like I was in a hotel :)
- I had time to catch up on some reading and got through two and a half books while I was laid up
- I realized just how many people love and care about me as I got numerous texts and phone calls from my family and friends
- I realized just how in love I am with my husband. He is an amazing man and I don't know what I'd do without him
So no matter what day of the week it is. No matter what I am going through, I know I am blessed.
Thanksgiving is a great time to stop and remember that.
So - what do you have to be grateful for?
See what the other YA Indie Carnival goers think about Thanksgiving...
Here's what's new at YA Indie Carnival this week.